Please note: Street and Track Series Coilovers are currently subject to an approximate 3-week delivery period from time of purchase.
There’s a reason the Subaru Legacy / Liberty is one of the leading midsize sedans on the market; it’s well equipped, spacious and comfortable, being the only car of its kind with standard AWD. If you’re looking for coilovers, you’re going to make sure that the ones you get won’t compromise that comfortability.
At Supashock, we understand that, which is why we make sure that our coilovers are tuned and tested to track orientation and street-friendly driving perfection by qualified race engineers. Our coilovers balance the optimal spring rate with damping force to give you the most responsive and accurate handling coilovers for your Subaru Legacy / Liberty.
Supashock's Street & Track high-performance Subaru Legacy / Liberty Coilovers offer performance unlike any other coilovers on the market. Featuring world-leading technology, Supashock coilovers give you the winning edge on the road and the track.
Supashock's Subaru Coilovers suit the following Legacy & Liberty vehicles:
- B4 (00-04)
- BH9 (00-04)
- BL9 (05-09)
- BL5/BP5 (05-09)
Supashock Street & Track Series Coilovers offer the perfect combination of track orientation and street-friendly ride quality, the benchmark for performance drivers. Supashock engineers balance the optimal spring rate with damping force to give you the most responsive and accurate handling coilovers for your vehicle.
INVERTED MONOTUBE COILOVER DESIGN
Your Subaru Legacy has a MacPherson strut set up. You will see the option to choose Supashock’s Inverted Monotube Coilover configuration for your vehicle. Please note, some vehicles have MacPherson struts front and rear, some only at one end.
Supashock strongly recommends selecting the Inverted Monotube Coilover option for your vehicle where available, for several reasons:
- The lateral force experienced by the damper is exerted on the outer cylinder, rather than the damper shaft, piston, and their seals. The result is greater overall rigidity, resistance to bending and less susceptibility to damage than standard design coilovers.
- Monotube configuration of the inverted coilover offers greater piston area, oil capacity and separation of oil and gas. This configuration offers consistent and tuneable damping in comparison to a twin-tube damper design.
- Greater surface area and oil volume allows for better thermal dissipation (cooling).
STANDARD MONOTUBE COILOVER DESIGN
Supashock’s Standard Monotube Coilover design is far superior to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) designs. The monotube configuration offers greater piston area, oil capacity and separation of oil and gas, giving you greater performance, strength, cooling and adjustability. Supashock coilovers offer consistent and tunable damping compared to a twin-tube damper commonly found in OEM designs.
KEY FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS (ALL MODELS)
- Monotube Inverted Coilover Design.
- 30 clicks of adjustable damping (1-way), adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously.
- Camber adjustable (where applicable) via camber plate or slotted strut foot.
- Full-length height adjustable.
- Upper mounts are pillow ball or OEM configuration, dependent on vehicle model.
- Forged aluminium, adjustable spring seat and locking collar.
- Fully serviceable/rebuildable.
- 55mm steel shock body on inverted coilover designs.
- 'Wave' alloy steel thrust washer on inverted coilover designs.
- Ready to install.
- Pillow ball upper mounts do add greater road feel for increased handling and accuracy but can result in torsional spring noise occasionally. There is no detriment to the function or safety of coilovers. Returns under warranty for noises associated with the pillow ball upper mounts will not be considered. For investigative work related to coilover noise, workshop rates will apply if products are found to have no issues.
- In some vehicle set-ups, the spring will be separate from the damper. This design will sometimes be respected, and the you will receive a damper and spring separately. Height will generally be changed via a supplied adjustable spring seat.
- Photos shown are inverted monotube design front and rear coilovers. Actual product will vary depending on vehicle model and coilover configuration chosen.