Please note: Street and Track Series Coilovers are currently subject to an approximate 3-week delivery period from time of purchase.
The Subaru Impreza is already renowned for its standard all-wheel drive system that offers additional stability and traction for a smooth and controlled driving experience. But, what if we told you that it was possible to give you even more control over your Subaru Impreza?
Supashock Street & Track Series Coilovers give your Subaru Impreza performance and control that you won’t find with any other coilovers on the market. Our experienced engineers have designed, tuned, and tested this coilover system to give you optimal performance, so your car will be ready for ruling the street or track right out of the box.
Supashock Street & Track Series Coilovers for Subaru Impreza, WRX and STI vehicles offer performance unlike any other coilovers on the market. Featuring world-leading technology, Supashock coilovers give you the winning edge on the road and the track.
As with all Supashock products, our Subaru Impreza, WRX and STI coilovers are individually tested, tuned and setup by our experienced race engineers.
Straight out the box, Supashock Subaru Impreza, WRX and STI coilovers are set at our recommended settings. The damper lengths and spring perches are set to our baseline, requiring only fine adjustments to suit your individual vehicle setup.
Supashock's Subaru Coilovers are compatible with the following vehicles:
- GC8 (93-01) Subaru WRX / WRX STI
- GDB (02-07) Subaru WRX / WRX STI
- GDB (Applied E-G) (04-07) Subaru WRX STI
- GH2 / GH3 / GH7 (07-11) Subaru Impreza
- GH8 (07-11) Subaru WRX
- GE (08-10) Subaru Impreza 4-Door
- GRB / GRF (08-14) Subaru WRX / WRX STI 5-Door
- GVB / GVF (10-14) Subaru WRX / WRX STI 4-Door
- VA (14-21) Subaru Impreza / WRX / STI
INVERTED MONOTUBE COILOVER DESIGN
Your Subaru Impreza, WRX or STI has a MacPherson strut set up. You will see the option to choose Supashock’s Inverted Monotube Coilover configuration for your vehicle. Please note, some vehicles have MacPherson struts front and rear, some only at one end.
Supashock strongly recommends selecting the Inverted Monotube Coilover option for your vehicle where available, for several reasons:
- The lateral force experienced by the damper is exerted on the outer cylinder, rather than the damper shaft, piston, and their seals. The result is greater overall rigidity, resistance to bending and less susceptibility to damage than standard design coilovers.
- Monotube configuration of the inverted coilover offers greater piston area, oil capacity and separation of oil and gas. This configuration offers consistent and tuneable damping in comparison to a twin-tube damper design.
- Greater surface area and oil volume allows for better thermal dissipation (cooling).
STANDARD MONOTUBE COILOVER DESIGN
Supashock’s Standard Monotube Coilover design is far superior to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) designs. The monotube configuration offers greater piston area, oil capacity and separation of oil and gas, giving you greater performance, strength, cooling and adjustability. Supashock coilovers offer consistent and tunable damping compared to a twin-tube damper commonly found in OEM designs.
KEY FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS (ALL MODELS)
- Monotube Inverted Coilover Design.
- 30 clicks of adjustable damping (1-way), adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously.
- Camber adjustable (where applicable) via camber plate or slotted strut foot.
- Full-length height adjustable.
- Upper mounts are pillow ball or OEM configuration, dependent on vehicle model.
- Forged aluminium, adjustable spring seat and locking collar.
- Fully serviceable/rebuildable.
- 55mm steel shock body on inverted coilover designs.
- 'Wave' alloy steel thrust washer on inverted coilover designs.
- Ready to install.
- Pillow ball upper mounts do add greater road feel for increased handling and accuracy but can result in torsional spring noise occasionally. There is no detriment to the function or safety of coilovers. Returns under warranty for noises associated with the pillow ball upper mounts will not be considered. For investigative work related to coilover noise, workshop rates will apply if products are found to have no issues.
- In some vehicle set-ups, the spring will be separate from the damper. This design will sometimes be respected, and then you will receive a damper and spring separately. Height will generally be changed via a supplied adjustable spring seat.
- Photos shown are inverted monotube design front and rear coilovers. Actual product will vary depending on vehicle model and coilover configuration chosen.