- 2 x Front Struts (+50mm, Standard Load)
- 2 x Rear Dampers (+50mm, Standard Load)
- 2 x Rear Leaf Spring Pins (Greaseable)
- 4 x Rear U-Bolts
- 2 x Rear Leaf Springs (Heavy Duty)
- 2 x Rear Leaf Spring Shackles (Greasable)
- 2 x Bushes – Rear Leaf Spring, Front Eye
- 2 x Bushes – Rear Leaf Spring, Rear Eye/Shackle
Whether you’re getting a lift kit for your Toyota Hilux GUN, Toyota Hilux Revo, or Toyota Hilux N80; Supashock has you covered with a truly heavy duty lift kit.
The Supashock 4x4 dampers that come with the lift kit operate unlike any other suspension product on the market, and feature world leading technology that provides you with off-road capability for your Toyota Hilux that is not available anywhere else.
The Supashock lift kit system is designed, manufactured, assembled and tested in Australia, for Australian conditions, so you can drive your Toyota Hilux through the toughest terrain you can throw at it.
The 4x4 dampers used in our Toyota Hilux Lift Kit are derived from the same technologies Supashock have developed for high-performance applications such as V8 Supercars, the factory fitted suspension of the legendary HSV GTS-R W1, the suspension upgrade on the HSV Colorado SportsCat and, and active and passive suspension systems for military vehicles.
The dampers in the Supashock lift kit are specifically tuned for the Toyota Hilux by our experienced chassis systems engineers to provide superior comfort and performance in all driving conditions. The proprietary piston and valve design inside the dampers in the Supashock lift kit has been developed to offer high responsiveness and wheel control for maximum traction in both on-road and off-road applications.
Applying this technology to the Supashock 4x4 range of lift kits provides Supashock equipped vehicles with unrivalled handling and braking performance, without compromising ride quality. Your Toyota Hilux will be able to withstand anything with a Supashock lift kit.
WHY SUPASHOCK 4X4 SUSPENSION FOR MY TOYOTA HILUX?
The 4x4 shock absorbers in a Supashock lift kit feature an inverted-strut design developed originally for motorsport and mining applications – and now used to reinforce the integrity of your Toyota Hilux. The main shaft has a huge 64mm diameter which offers extremely high lateral strength for your Toyota Hilux, preventing the shaft from bending during large impacts or rock strikes.
A key feature of each 4x4 damper in a Supashock lift kit is Supashock’s patented Shell Reservoir System, which consists of a floating piston that separates the pressurised gas and oil inside the shock absorber. The large-diameter main shaft of the lift kit allows a high oil volume without the need for an external reservoir, providing the performance of a monotube damper with the packaging benefits of a twin-tube design.
This large oil volume combined with a billet aluminium damper piston makes the Supashock 4x4 dampers in the lift kit extremely thermally efficient for your Toyota Hilux.
This results in consistent performance for your Toyota Hilux during extended use on rough roads or when tackling rough corrugations. This lowers the likelihood of shock fade meaning that your Toyota Hilux maintains handling response and therefore safety, no matter where you drive – all thanks to your Supashock lift kit.
TOYOTA HILUX LIFT KIT FAQS
Why should I go for a Supashock suspension kit for my 4x4?
There are many good reasons to go for a Supashock suspension kit, such as;
- The kit will increase your vehicle’s ground clearance by 2 inches
- The kit will provide you with greater ground clearance, making your vehicle more off-road capable
- The kit will give you increased approach, ramp-over and departure angles
- Raising the height of your vehicle with a kit will allow you to increase the size of your tires
- Upgrading to a Supashock suspension kit will give your vehicle more suspension travel
- Nothing screams road presence like a 4x4 you lifted with a kit
- A kit allows you increased accessibility to the underbody of your vehicle
- With a kit, you get increased visibility from the cabin of your vehicle
How do I lift my Toyota Hilux?
If you want to lift your Toyota Hilux, that’s where the lift kit comes in.
Your Toyota Hilux lift kit comes with:
- Raised leaf springs;
- Raised coil springs;
- Long travel shocks;
- Bushes, shackles, and other fitting components.
Other lift options to add to your kit include extended rear shackles and front strut spacers.
Keep the following in mind as you lift your Toyota Hilux using your suspension kit;
- You adjust the front ride height of the vehicle by winding the spring perch up or down;
- You can replace the standard leaf or coil springs with raised springs in your kit to further lift the ride height of your Toyota Hilux;
- If you’re fitting raised springs to lift your vehicle with your suspension kit, it’s recommended that you fit long travel shocks.
Tips for installing your Toyota Hilux Lift Kit
We strongly recommend you have your Toyota Hilux Lift Kit installed at a professional workshop.
However, if you want to install the lift kit yourself, we strongly recommend you take your Toyota Hilux to a professional workshop to get it checked over, for safety’s sake.
Remember the following:
- Your kit will raise your vehicle by 2” or approximately 50mm
- There are limitations to your kit
- Raising your vehicle over 2” with your kit requires supporting modifications so that your vehicle doesn’t lose traction when offroad due to lack of droop
- Additional problems that could occur if you raise your vehicle too high with your suspension kit include;
- Poor wheel alignment
- Unevenly worn tyres
- Poor on-road handling
- Greater chance of driveline damage
- Stretching of brake lines and electrical components
- Once you lift your vehicle using your kit, be aware that it will handle differently
What if I want to lift a 2WD Toyota Hilux?
There are options available if you want to lift a 2WD with your kit, but it depends on the suspension setup of your 2WD Toyota Hilux. Ultimately, the following is what you need to consider if you want to lift a 2WD Toyota Hilux;
- Replace your coil springs with raised coil springs to lift the front ride height of your Toyota Hilux (making sure to maintain sufficient droop while you do it).
- Replace or have a spring maker reset your leaf springs to lift the rear ride height of your Toyota Hilux.
- If you use aftermarket raised springs to lift your 2WD, you can increase the ride height of your Toyota Hilux by approximately 20-30mm.
Can I soften the suspension of my Toyota Hilux?
Absolutely! Don’t put up with a rough ride in your Toyota Hilux. You can improve your ride quality with the following:
- Ensure you get regular maintenance for your Toyota Hilux to keep your suspension parts in good condition (and replace your worn parts too)
- Check the shock absorbers on your Toyota Hilux to make sure they haven’t worn and need to be replaced
- Make sure you have the correct spring rate for your Toyota Hilux
- Heavier spring rates are good for load carrying, however using a heavy constant load spring on your Toyota Hilux could be contributing to your rough ride quality as well
- You have to make sure that the springs you use for your Toyota Hilux are suitable for its accessories and load carrying
- If you have any questions about which spring rate will work best for your Toyota Hilux, contact us for assistance